hope you’re enjoying the high volume of emails and blog posts coming out of Brag HQ at the moment!
our next meeting to plan this year’s Queer Social Centre and alternative pride event will be this Saturday, 17th May, at LARC (62 Fieldgate Street, Whitechapel, E1 1ES). we’re splitting the meeting into two sections:
5pm-6pm: WORKING GROUP MEETINGS
If you’re in one of our working groups (programme of events, picnic day, march, publicity & communications) please come to LARC at 5pm to meet with the rest of your group and share ideas!
If you’re not yet in a working group and would like to be, drop us an email or just turn up at 5pm on Saturday and choose a group to join.
6pm-7pm: OPEN ORGANISATIONAL MEETING
Meeting for everyone interested in helping plan, run or promote the social centre – whether you only have a couple of hours to spare, want to dive right into the project and let it take over your life, or anything in between!
draft agenda for open meeting:
1. FEEDBACK FROM WORKING GROUPS
2. BRAG CORE PRINCIPLES – amendments and additions
3. SAFER SPACES POLICY – amendments and additions
4. MEDIA ENGAGEMENT POLICY – what’s our policy on media? will journos, photographers, and film-makers (in a professional capacity) be welcome at Brag events? should we be trying to reach people through mainstream media?
5. FUNDRAISING – what might we need money for, approximately how much, ways to raise funds without abandoning our core principles or putting pressure on our community.
Finally, a quick note that’s not about meetings: the gallery page on the Brag blog got a makeover this afternoon! check out the lovely photos, posters and artwork produced by Brags and friends over the last 18 months.